Nicola Smith, MD
is a board-certified pediatrician who grew up in Massachusetts. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from Duke University, with a major in English and minors in Spanish and Chemistry. Nicola returned to Massachusetts to attend medical school at the University of Massachusetts in Worcester, then completed her residency in Pediatrics at Connecticut Children's Medical Center, part of the UCONN Health System.
After residency, she completed a fellowship in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics at Tufts Medical Center, before joining our practice in dual capacity, as both General Pediatrician and Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrician. Dr. Smith loves working and interacting with kids of all ages, shapes, and ability levels.
She has particular interests in infants/toddlers, autism, attention and learning issues, gender identity, and sports. Dr. Smith has received training in The Incredible Years techniques and Hypnosis. Her hobbies include reading, tennis, and photography.
List of Services:
- General pediatric care (appointments for health supervision, acute and chronic illnesses, injuries, and rechecks)
- Urgent/emergency care including simple laceration repairs and nebulizer treatments
- In depth evaluation of neurodevelopmental, neurological and physical status of children with formulation of diagnosis, recommendations and treatment plans.
- Consultation offered for physicians, families, schools and other community agencies.
- Pediatric psychopharmacological and medical management of developmental-behavioral disorders.
- Review of previous evaluations and/or proposed treatment plans with interpretation and recommendations.
- Presentations to community groups, schools and media.